Thursday 20 September 2018

MIKE HEDGES ASKS WELSH MINISTER FOR UPDATE ON WELSH GOVERNMENT SUPPORT FOR VIRGIN STAFF


MIKE HEDGES ASKS WELSH MINISTER FOR UPDATE ON WELSH GOVERNMENT SUPPORT FOR VIRGIN STAFF



Following recent sad developments at Virgin I asked the Welsh Government Business Manager for a statement on what the Welsh Government has done and will do in the future to support the employees – doing so through a statement from a Minister is the most effective way forward as it enables the information to be shared with all members who have constituents working at the Llansamlet site. I welcome confirmation that the Taskforce is now in place.



Mike Hedges AM - Two questions for the leader of the house, one I think that the leader of the house must be getting used to by now: can I request a further update on Welsh Government action on the Virgin Media closure in Swansea? Unfortunately, I say now 'on the closure'; before we broke up for the summer it was 'the proposed closure'. Can I ask for a statement on that?



Julie James AM In terms of Virgin Media, yes, absolutely. It's now clear that the site will close. The taskforce, as I understand it, is in position but I will discuss with my colleague Ken Skates bringing an update, now that the closure's been confirmed, to the house, as a large number of Members have constituents that are affected by it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment