Saturday 16 February 2019

Mike Hedges AM supports Fuel Poverty Awareness Day


Mike Hedges AM supports Fuel Poverty Awareness Day



Today marks National Fuel Poverty Day. Local AM, Mike Hedges said … I am pleased to support National Fuel Poverty Awareness Day. I know from people I have met in My Swansea East constituency that Fuel Poverty is a scourge of modern life. With many people now on low incomes, if they have a financial crisis of some sort, there is the dilemma of do they eat or heat? We ought as a society to manage matters so that this is not a dilemma families in Swansea have to face.



I am aware that over 30% of the households in my Swansea East Constituency fall in to Fuel Poverty in the winter months. This has a knock on impact on things such as health and wellbeing, especially in households where there are young children or elderly people.



I would urge anyone who is struggling to pay for heating their homes to contact my office or one of the many support organisations such as Age Cymru or Citizens Advice  who can sign post you to appropriate support.’



End








No comments:

Post a Comment