Tuesday 9 October 2018

Mike Hedges AM asks for oral statement re Closure of Virgin Media and Actions being taken.


Mike Hedges AM asks for oral statement re Closure of Virgin Media and Actions being taken.



Speaking after Plenary, Swansea East AM Mike Hedges said… ‘I am grateful for the written statement which we received yesterday. I welcome the support given to workers are the site. The Task Force is positive development but I remain concerned about some actions by the company. As members however, we need to have the opportunity to ask Questions of the Minister and I welcome the Government Business Manager agreement to discuss an oral statement with the relevant cabinet member’





Questions to the Business Manager

Mike Hedges AM I know we had a written statement from the Cabinet Secretary yesterday regarding Virgin Media closure and action being taken, but I would like to ask if we could have an oral statement on it for me and, I'm sure, you and other Members representing the area. The loss of what is the best part of 900 jobs is a substantial blow to the area. I would hope that we could have an oral question or statement to give us an opportunity to ask questions of the Cabinet Secretary over an issue that is, to you, like myself, a very important one.



Julie James AM - Yes. I will certainly discuss with the Cabinet Secretary the possibility of that, or of how we could communicate where we are with the taskforce on Virgin Media. I share the Member's concern about the actions of the company and some of the stories that are happening there. So, I'll certainly have that discussion with the Cabinet Secretary to see how we can best facilitate those discussions and public information on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment